Backblaze is a pioneer in robust, scalable low cost cloud backup and storage services. Personal online backup to enterprise scale data storage solutions
On this page:
How to set up a new Backblaze account
To create a new Backblaze account, please follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.backblaze.com/b2/sign-up.html
- Enter your email and password, then press Sign Up for B2
- You will be asked if you want to follow the quick start guides. Press Skip Quick Start
- You will be asked to confirm your phone, enter the phone number and then the confirmation code received. Press Verify
- In your Backblaze account on Buckets page, press Create Bucket
- Enter a name for your bucket and press Create bucket
- Go to App Keys page and press Add a new application key
- Enter the name of the key and press Create new key
- Then you will get the confirmation page with all necesarily details for backup.
How to backup to Backblaze
Steps to follow:
1. Open Backup4all and select File -> New (Ctrl+N).
2. On the Where do you want to save the backup? page, select Online -> S3 Compatible as backup destination.
3. After selecting S3 Compatible, you need to choose Backblaze B2. Enter the credentials for Backblaze. Then press Next.
4. On the What do you want to backup page, add the backup sources. Press Next.
5. On the Filter the backup sources page, you can set include/exclude filters for backup sources. Then press Next.
6. On the How do you want to backup page, you can choose the backup type and the encryption.
7. On the When do you want to backup page, you can set the backup job to automatically run on the specified time and days. Press Next.
8. On the Personalize your backup job page, enter a name for the backup in the Backup name field.
9. Press Save -> Save and run
How to backup to Backblaze - video tutorial
How to restore from Backblaze
Steps to follow:
1. If the backup job does not exist in Backup4all, you must open it from File->Open from.
2. Select S3 Compatible, then choose Backblaze. Configure the Backblaze account.
3. After the Backblaze account was set, press Show to display the backup jobs in the destination. Select the catalog you want to open and press Open. Backup4all will recreate that backup job.
4. Press the Restore (F7) button. Optionally you can select the location you want to restore the files to. The original location is selected by default.
On the same page, you can choose the way in which to restore. You can also filter files before restoring. If you select to restore from a specific version, press Next to indicate the version or the date back to which you want to restore. Press Next.
5. Press Finish to start the restoration process.