VirtualBox is being actively developed with frequent releases and has an ever growing list of features, supported guest operating systems and platforms it runs on. VirtualBox is a community effort backed by a dedicated company: everyone is encouraged to contribute while Oracle ensures the product always meets professional quality criteria.
How to backup and restore VirtualBox using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure VirtualBox, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up VirtualBox is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the VirtualBox plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup VirtualBox, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: VirtualBox backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up VirtualBox. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the VirtualBox files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install VirtualBox and the VirtualBox plugin from here: VirtualBox backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the VirtualBox plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Log files
- User files