Telegram is a fast instant messaging and voice over IP app. Telegram client apps are available for Android/iOS, Windows, macOS and Linux. With it users can send messages and exchange photos, videos, stickers, audio and files of any type. It does have a desktop version as well that allows you to send and receive messages from your computer. With Backup4all you can also back-up its data folder to avoid losing your configurations.
How to backup and restore Telegram using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed Telegram, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up Telegram data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Telegram plugin will let you back-up the application folder and registry entries.
In order to backup Telegram, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Telegram backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Telegram. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the Telegram files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Telegram and the Telegram plugin from here: Telegram backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Telegram plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Telegram folder - stored in %APPDATA%\Telegram Desktop
- Telegram registry entries - stored in HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-4127135719-2910590519-1903499359-1001\Software\Classes\tdesktop.tg
- Telegram registry entries - stored in HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-4127135719-2910590519-1903499359-1001\Software\Classes\tg
- Telegram registry entries - stored in HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-4127135719-2910590519-1903499359-1001\Software\TelegramDesktop