ProtonVPN is a security focused FREE VPN service, developed by CERN and MIT scientists.
How to backup and restore ProtonVPN using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure ProtonVPN, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up ProtonVPN is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the ProtonVPN plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup ProtonVPN, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: ProtonVPN backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up ProtonVPN. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the ProtonVPN files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install ProtonVPN and the ProtonVPN plugin from here: ProtonVPN backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the ProtonVPN plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- User data files
- Log files
- Registry settings