There are multiple backup scenarios that can be configured using Backup4all. In this article we will present the scenario of daily incremental and weekly full backups.
Follow these steps:
- Open Backup4all
- Press File->New, to create a new backup job.
- Select the backup destination and press Next.
- Select the backup sources and press Next twice.
- Select Make incremental as backup type and press Next.
- On Scheduler page select Daily and set the start time. Press Next.
- Enter a name for the backup job and press Advanced mode.
- Go to Scheduler page and press Add
- Go to When page and press Add.
- Select Weekly and set the start time.
- Go to Weekly page and select the day you want to run.
- Go to What page and select the backup type Full.
- Press Next then press Save.
Please note that after a while, the backups in destination will increase and you should use the Clean function to remove old backup versions.
You can also schedule a Clean action to be executed every month and remove all backups except full. This way only incremental backups will be deleted.
Or you can set the Clean action to remove all backups older than X days. This way, all older backups will be deleted, only the recent ones will remain.