This article explains how to backup and restore Backup4all's settings, the backup jobs, the scheduled task files and other necessary files. We have created a backup plugin that automatically backs up these files. The Backup4all configurations plugin is already installed by default in Backup4all's plugins list.
On this page:
- How to back up Backup4all's configurations
- Video tutorial back up Backup4all configurations
- How to restore Backup4all's configurations
- Video tutorial restore Backup4all configurations
Saving Backup4all's configurations ensures you that you can have the same backup jobs and settings after a system reinstall or after moving to another computer. Defining a backup with the Backup4all Configurations plugin will include the following items in the actual backup file:
- The Job Settings Folder (.ini files for jobs)
- The Tag Settings Folder (.ini files for tags)
- The Catalog Folder
- The Log Folder
- The Plugins Folder
- The Scheduled jobs Folder
- The Host Keys Folder
- The Ini File
- The History File
- The Icon Files
- The Layout File
- The Message File (notifications)
- The Shutdown Scheduler Data
How to back up Backup4all's configurations
You don't have to browse your computer to find the necessary files to be backed up. The Backup4all configurations plugin will back up the files you need. Follow these steps to create a backup that saves Backup4all's configurations:
- Open Backup4all and select File -> New (Ctrl+N).
- On the Where do you want to save the backup? page, select a destination for backup. Click Next.
- On the What do you want to backup page, choose Backup Configurations plugin from the "Applications" left-side list. Press Next.
- On the Filter the backup sources page, you don't need to change anything. Press Next.
- On the How do you want to backup page, you can choose the backup type and the encryption. Press Next.
- On the When do you want to backup page, you can set the backup job to automatically run on the specified time and days. Press Next.
- On the Personalize your backup job page, enter a name for the backup in the Backup name field.
- Press Save -> Save and run.
Video tutorial back up Backup4all configurations:
How to restore Backup4all's configurations
Steps to follow:
- Install Backup4all on your computer and open it.
- Go to File -> Open menu.
- Open .bkc catalog file for the Backup4all Configurations job, from the backup destination.
- Press the Restore (F7) button to open the Restore Wizard.
- Press Finish.
Video tutorial restore Backup4all configurations:
Note: If you are restoring Backup4all configurations on a computer that has a different Windows login username and password than the one you originally backed up the configurations from, the scheduled tasks need to be reconfigured.