About eM Client
eM Client supports all major services including Gmail, Exchange, iCloud, and Outlook.com.
eM Client is able to set up everything automatically for most of the services. It also efficiently imports your data from all major email clients. This includes Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Thunderbird and more.
How to backup and restore eM Client using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure eM Client, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up eM Client is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the eM Client plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup eM Client, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: eM Client backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up eM Client. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the eM Client files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install eM Client and the eM Client plugin from here: eM Client backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the eM Client plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- AppData Local Files
- AppData Roaming Files
- Registry settings