About Yahoo Messenger
Yahoo Messenger can be used to create and receive e-mail alerts, or get news, weather, and stock updates. It allows users to express themselves with emoticons and IMVironments. You can text-message your friends at their mobile devices or you can share your Webcam images for video calls. If you have a microphone and speakers, you can even make free calls to PCs worldwide.
How to backup and restore Yahoo Messenger using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Yahoo Messenger, its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up Yahoo Messenger is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Yahoo Messenger plugin, will allow you to back-up the application profiles (which includes archived messaging conversations), media, skins, plugins and registry entries.
In order to backup Yahoo Messenger, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Yahoo Messenger backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Yahoo Messenger. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Yahoo Messenger files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Skype and the Yahoo Messenger plugin from here: Yahoo Messenger backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Yahoo Messenger plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Profiles: %programfiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles
- Media: %programfiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\Media
- Skins: %programfiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\skins
- Plugins: %programfiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\Plugin