About WPS Office
WPS Office is a suite of software which is made up of three primary components: WPS Writer, WPS Presentation, and WPS Spreadsheet.
The personal basic version is free to use. A fully featured professional-grade version is also available for a subscription fee. WPS Office 2016 was released in 2016. As of 2019, the Linux version is developed and supported by a volunteer community rather than Kingsoft itself.
How to backup and restore WPS Office using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure WPS Office, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up WPS Office is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the WPS Office plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup WPS Office, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: WPS Office backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up WPS Office. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the WPS Office files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install WPS Office and the WPS Office plugin from here: WPS Office backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the WPS Office plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Cloud Files
- User setting files
- Office Files
- Registry settings