Optimizing your music collection can be a daunting task, from tracks with missing metadata tags (track, artist, album names), albums missing artwork, duplicated tracks, to corrupted tracks, typically correcting these issues can be a time consuming task. No longer, imagine if a trained professional was on hand to help, PerfectTUNES is that professional
How to backup and restore PerfectTunes using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed PerfectTunes, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up PerfectTunes data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the PerfectTunes plugin will let you back-up the registry entries.
In order to backup PerfectTunes, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: PerfectTunes backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up PerfectTunes. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the PerfectTunes files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install PerfectTunes and the PerfectTunes plugin from here: PerfectTunes backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the PerfectTunes plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information: