About Patch My PC
Patch My PC's mission is to simplify how enterprises create, manage, update, and deploy third-party applications within System Center Configuration Manager.
How to backup and restore Patch My PC using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Patch My PC, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Patch My PC is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Patch My PC plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Patch My PC, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Patch My PC backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Patch My PC. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Patch My PC files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Patch My PC and the Patch My PC plugin from here: Patch My PC backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Patch My PC plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Program data files
- Registry settings