Foobar2000 is a flexible media player that you can load with all of your favorite music and customize to suit your specific needs and preferences. After a bit of setup, you can use this app in just about any way you see fit to manage your media library.
How to backup and restore Foobar2000 using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Foobar2000, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Foobar2000 is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Foobar2000 plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Foobar2000, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Foobar2000 backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Foobar2000. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Foobar2000 files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Foobar2000 and the Foobar2000 plugin from here: Foobar2000 backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Foobar2000 plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- User files
- Registry settings