About Vivaldi Browser
Vivaldi has a minimalistic user interface with basic icons and fonts, and, optionally, a color scheme that changes based on the background and design of the web page being visited. The browser also allows users to customize the appearance of UI elements such as background color, overall theme, address bar and tab positioning, and start pages
How to backup and restore Vivaldi Browser using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed Vivaldi Browser, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up Vivaldi Browser data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Vivaldi Browser plugin will let you back-up the application folder and registry entries.
In order to backup Vivaldi Browser, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Vivaldi-Browser backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Vivaldi Browser. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article: https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the Vivaldi Browser files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Vivaldi Browser and the Vivaldi Browser plugin from here: Vivaldi-Browser backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Vivaldi Browser plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Vivaldi user folder - stored in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi
- Vivaldi Browser registry entries