Backup4all does not need third party drivers or other CD, DVD or Blu-ray burning software to be installed (like ActiveX, ASPI, etc) to be able to burn a CD, DVD or Blu-ray. Backup4all has a built-in CD, DVD or Blu-ray burner to backup to CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc directly.
Set Up Internal CD, DVD or Blu-ray Burner
There are three simple steps to set up the internal CD, DVD or Blu-ray burner:
- Open the Backup Properties window and go to the Destination page.
- Click on Optical, then select the drive letter for the CD, DVD or Blu-ray burner device you want to use.
- In the same page, you can:
- set the Erase disk before writing option
- switch the write method between build-in driver and UDF file system
You can use two burners for UDF disc format: Use SCSI Pass Through Direct layer (SPTD) and Use native Win32 interface (SPTI). This format can be used to write on CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD-RW/DVD+RW/DVD-DL/HD-DVD/Blue-ray/Blu-ray DL.
Use internal CD, DVD or Blu-ray burner
Typically, a backup to CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc performs additional steps shown in the status bar at the bottom of the main window: burning, finalizing, and loading disc. During the last operation, the CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc is ejected and reloaded. After this step the backup is tested and the CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc ejected again (if these options are set).
Backup4all can also perform an additional Erase CD/DVD/Blu-ray... action for appropriate media (rewritable CD, DVD or Blu-ray discs)