The application works by automatically unchecking unrelated offers during the installation process. This in turn saves time and effort in clicks and it makes it less likely to miss a checkbox of an unwanted offer or potentially unwanted program (pup).
How to backup and restore Unchecky using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Unchecky, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Unchecky is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Unchecky plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Unchecky, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Unchecky backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Unchecky. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Unchecky files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Unchecky and the Unchecky plugin from here: Unchecky backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Unchecky plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- User setting files