Scribus supports most major bitmap formats, including TIFF, JPEG, and Adobe Photoshop. Vector drawings can be imported or directly opened for editing. The long list of supported formats includes Encapsulated PostScript, SVG, Adobe Illustrator, and Xfig. Professional type/image-setting features include CMYK colors and ICC color management. It has a built-in scripting engine using Python. It is available in 60 languages.
How to backup and restore Scribus using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Scribus, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Scribus is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Scribus plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Scribus, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Scribus backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Scribus. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Scribus files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Scribus and the Scribus plugin from here: Scribus backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Scribus plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Application data files