mIRC has a highly configurable interface and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, IPv6, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, UPnP, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications and playing games to transferring large files (file sharing).
How to backup and restore mIRC using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed and configured mIRC, you cannot move it to another computer or re-configure it after re-installing your system easily. This is where the plugin to back up mIRC is important as it will save you time by allowing you to back-up its settings.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the mIRC plugin, will allow you to back-up the application log files and registry entries.
In order to backup mIRC, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: mIRC backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up mIRC. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the mIRC files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install mIRC and the mIRC plugin from here: mIRC backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the mIRC player plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information for the mIRC client:
- Settings, stored in C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\mirc
- Registry keys: