FBackup is a freeware backup program developed by Softland, the same company that makes Backup4all. FBackup has limited features in comparison to Backup4all, thus if you need the extra features you can upgrade to it. This article explains how you can import the backup jobs (and schedulers) in Backup4all from FBackup.
Backup4all is able to import the backup jobs that were already defined in FBackup. This way if you are a previous user of FBackup and switch to Backup4all, you don't have to redefine the existing backup jobs.
Steps to follow to import FBackup jobs into Backup4all:
- Download and install Backup4all from the Download page
- Be sure FBackup is closed and start Backup4all. Go to File -> Tools and on the right side there are several Import from version ... options. Click on the one that matches the same version as your FBackup version (i.e. Import from version 8 if you have FBackup 8 installed).
- From the top dropdown list, select FBackup. Your backup jobs should be automatically detected and listed.
- Select the backup jobs you want to import. In the Scheduler section, press Set password and type your Windows login password, or enter the user/password used for schedulers.
- Press OK to start the import. After the import is finished, you will get a notification message with the import results.