Monitoring multiple Backup4all installations is now much easier, using the Backup4all Monitor.
You can get real-time notifications and you have a complete history with all actions executed (backup, test, restore, clean) by the monitored Backup4all installations.
On this page:
How to install the Backup4all Monitor
In order to install the Backup4all Monitor, you just need to run the setup file on the computer which will be used as Monitoring Server. Install both the Server and the Dashboard, to manage the server.
Please note that can be a personal computer, a server computer or even a cloud computer (running Windows OS) such as those offered by Amazon or Azure.
How to configure Backup4all
For each Backup4all installation you want to monitor, follow this steps:
- Open Backup4all
- Go to File->Options->Remote Monitor
- Enable the “Send information to remote monitor” option.
- Press the search icon from the Address field, to open “Scan for monitoring servers” window.
- Select the Instance name for the monitor you want to send backup information to, then press OK.
- In the Address field you can also manually enter the monitoring server’s IP followed by the port number and Instance name (example http://127.0.0.1:9502/Backup4allMonitoringSrv-Test)
If Backup4all cannot reach the Monitor server, please use Telnet to make sure that IP responds on the specified port.
The command for telnet in command line is: *telnet IP port*
Example of Telnet command you need to run in command line:telnet 192.168.1.121 9502
If the connection is successful a blank screen will appear, otherwise a "Connect failed" message will be shown. In this case please check the firewall to make sure the port is not blocked.
- If the monitoring server is located in your network, you can use the “Instance name” field, where you must enter the name of the Instance for the monitoring server, or press the search button to scan the network. (example: Backup4allMonitoringSrv-Test)
- If you want to assign an alias for that computer, you can select the “Computer alias” option and type a name.
- When the remote monitor is selected, you can press the “Test connection” button and press OK.
How to install the Monitor Dashboard on a remote computer
The Monitor Dashboard can be easily installed by running the Backup4all Monitor setup file and selecting only the Dashboard checkbox.
The Dashboard can be installed for free on as many computers as you like. It allows you to remotely connect to the Monitoring Server.
Using the Monitor Dashboard, you can connect to as many Monitoring Servers as you like (one at a time). You just need to know the IP, Port number, the Instance name and eventually the password (if set).