Backup4all allows you to log detailed information about executed operations (backup, restore or test). This means that, besides the warnings and errors, the log file will contain detailed information about all files handled by the backup, restore or test process.
To enable detailed logging:
- Go to File menu and open the Options window
- Switch to the Logs and history page
- Check the Log detailed information option
- Check the Include summary in log option (this will add all the information available from the Summary view to the log file)
- Additionally, you can also limit the size of the log folder. In the Log folder section, select Restricted to and set the maximum size that the folder is allowed to reach.
- From the Log Viewer section, you can change the program that opens the log files. From the drop-down list select either Notepad or Wordpad. You can also browse the computer to select another text editor.
- From the log file extension list, you can select the extension of the generated log file:.log or.txt
- Click OK to close the window and save the changes