An automated backup is a scheduled backup configured to run daily, weekly, monthly or with a custom frequency set by the user. The backup does not need to be performed manually because the application will start and execute the backup at its scheduled time.
There are two options for the scheduler:
- Run only if the user is logged on
- Run whether the user is logged on or not
If the second option is selected, the Windows login username and password are required.
You can also select to run the backup At system shutdown. You just give the shutdown command to you computer and the backup will start.
When the backup is finished, the computer will be shut down.
To schedule a backup job, please follow these steps:
- Open Backup4all
- Press the Scheduler (F11) button
- Press Add button to create a new task
- In the Run section, make sure the Job is selected and choose a job name from the list (see image bellow).
- In the Execute section, you can select whether the application interface to be shown during the backup execution.
- In the Scheduler section press the Set password button and type your Windows login password. Press Next.
- Press Add, select the execution frequency and set the start time.
- Press OK, press Next and then Finish.