An automated backup is a scheduled backup configured to run daily, weekly, monthly or with a custom frequency set by the user. The backup does not need to be performed manually because the application will start and execute the backup at its scheduled time.
In Backup4all there are two scheduler types: the Windows scheduler and the Standalone scheduler.
If the Windows scheduler is used, the backup will run even if no user is logged on. The Windows username and password are required to configure this scheduler type.
The Standalone scheduler does not require the username and password, and it will run only if an user is logged on.
You can also select to run the backup at System shutdown. You just give the shutdown command to you computer and the backup will start.
When the backup is finished, the computer will be shut down.
To schedule a backup job, please follow these steps:
- Open Backup4all
- Press the Scheduler (F11) button
- Press Add button to create a new task
- In the Run section, make sure the Backup job is selected and choose a job name from the list (see image bellow).
- In the Execute section, you can select to execute the backup job using the Main application or the Command line one.
- In the Scheduler section press the Set password button and type your Windows login password.
- Press OK
- In the new open window, select the start time and the execution frequency. (see image bellow)
- Press OK.