If your computer was turned off during the backup time, the scheduled backups won't run. In this case, a solution is to configure the scheduler to start the backup as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed.
Backup4all uses the Windows scheduler to create scheduled jobs. If the Windows user is logged in at the time when the scheduled job has to run, there's no need to configure a password. However, if the user is logged out when the scheduled job runs, you will need to enter your Windows username and password in Backup4all's scheduler as detailed below.
How to schedule an existing backup job:
- Open Backup4all and click on the Scheduler button from the lower toolbar (or press F11).
- Press the Add button to create a new task
- In the Run section of the General tab, select what you'd like to schedule for an unattended backup (a specific backup job, a backup tag or all backup jobs).
- In the Scheduler section, by default the option to Run only when the user is logged on is selected. This doesn't require any extra steps, however if you want to run jobs whether the user is logged on or not, then you'll need to enter your Windows user password.
- Click on the When tab and then click on Add to choose how often you'd like the backup to run and on which specific time/date. Click OK after you've set it.
- On the What tab you have the option to select what should be scheduled. Leave the default Backup option, however other types of actions can be scheduled as well (test, repair, cleanup, restore).
- Click on Finish to finalize scheduling the backup job.
How to set the scheduler to run the task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed:
- In Windows open Control Panel -> Administrative Tools and then double click on Task Scheduler (or just start typing for Task Scheduler after pressing the Windows button).
- In the left pane, click on Task Scheduler Library
- Double click the scheduled task for your backup job. Its name will start with b4a_
- In the new open window at the bottom from the Configure for list select your operating system.
- Go to the Settings tab and check the Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed option.
- Press OK to close the window and save these settings.