GoodAccess creates a secure and encrypted network infrastructure that hides your business systems, cloud apps, assets and resources from the internet and controls authorized access using the concept of Software-Defined Perimeter. With fully automated deployment, in 10 minutes you can secure all devices wherever they connect while avoiding complex infrastructure designs that result in higher operational costs and risk.
How to backup and restore GoodAccess using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed and configured GoodAccess, it is troublesome to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up GoodAccess is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the GoodAccess plugin, will allow you to back-up the application log files and registry entries.
In order to backup GoodAccess, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: GoodAccess backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up GoodAccess. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article: https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the GoodAccess files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install GoodAccess and the GoodAccess plugin from here: GoodAccess backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the GoodAccess plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- GoodAccess User files : %APPDATA%\GoodAccess