Through Rainmeter, you can enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins: handy, compact applets which float freely on your desktop, much like Windows Sidebar gagdgets.
Rainmeter skins provide you with useful information at a glance. It's easy to keep an eye on your system resources, like memory and battery power, or your online data streams, including email, RSS feeds, and weather forecasts. Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and send your tweets to Twitter. The Rainmeter interface can be rearranged and customized by each user.
How to backup and restore Rainmeter using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Rainmeter, its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up Rainmeter is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Rainmeter plugin, will allow you to back-up the application addons, plugins, skins, themes and ini files.
In order to backup Rainmeter, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Rainmeter backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Rainmeter. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Rainmeter files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Rainmeter and the Rainmeter plugin from here: Rainmeter backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Rainmeter plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Addons: %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\Rainmeter\Addons
- Plugins: %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins
- Skins: %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\Rainmeter\Skins
- Themes: %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\Rainmeter\Themes
- Ini files: %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\Rainmeter\Default.ini