Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size.
How to backup and restore Notepad++ using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Notepad++, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Notepad++ is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Notepad++ plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Notepad++, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Notepad++ backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Notepad++. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Notepad++ files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Notepad++ and the Notepad++ plugin from here: Notepad++ backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Notepad++ plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Local user files
- Registry settings