How to backup and restore My Documents using Backup4all plugin
You can back up My Documents folder in order to have a copy of all documents on your computer. It is also useful if you want to move your documents to another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up My Documents folder is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the MyDocuments plugin, allows you to back-up specific files and folders.
In order to backup My Documents, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: MyDocuments backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up My Documents. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article: How to download, install and use backup plugins
If you need to restore the My Documents files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install MyDocuments plugin from here: MyDocuments backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the MyDocuments plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- All My Documents folder data