7-Zip is free software with open source. The most of the code is under the GNU LGPL license.
How to backup and restore 7-Zip using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed 7-Zip, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up 7-Zip data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the 7-Zip plugin will let you back-up the registry entries.
In order to backup 7-Zip, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: 7-Zip backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up 7-Zip. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the 7-Zip files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install 7-Zip and the 7-Zip plugin from here: 7-Zip backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the 7-Zip plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information: