The S3 Compatible page of the Options window (accessible from the File, Options->Online connections menu item) contains S3 Compatible settings.
When S3 Compatible server not ready
The first number (Retry option) indicates how many times the application tries to access the destination server if it is not available. By default this option is set to 5 attempts. The second number (wait option) indicates how many seconds to wait between two consecutive attempts to access the destination location. By default this option is set to 60 seconds. This option is useful when the destination S3 Compatible server has restrictions (i.e. only 2 users logged in the same time, no. of accesses etc.) and insures that if the S3 Compatible server cannot accept your connection, it will not be "hammered" by sending log-in requests frequently.
The File->Options->Online connections->S3 Compatible window allows you to define S3 Compatible configurations that can be used on the Destination page in the New Backup Wizard or Backup Properties windows. You can add, edit, copy or delete a S3 Compatible connection using this window.
In order to add a new S3 Compatible connection press the Add button. The Define S3 Compatible configuration window will appear in the list and you can enter the other settings for this connection.
Enter here an arbitrary name for the connection. By default the New S3 Compatible configuration name is assigned.
Select one of the predefined S3 compatible servers, or define a custom one. The S3 compatbile clouds available are: Akaza, Aruba Cloud, Backblaze B2, Caringo, CenturyLink, Cisco, Claudian, Connectia, Constant, DDN, dinCloud, Dream Objects, Dunkel, T Cloud, Exoscale, Green Qloud, HGST, Hitachi, HostEurope, IDC Frontier, LeoNovus, Mandic, Minio, NetApp, NiftyClouds, Numergy, QNAP, Revera, Scality, Seeweb, SwiftStack, ThinkOn, Tiscali, vCloud Air, Verizon, Walrus and Zettagrid.
- Endpoint - enter the server endpoint. For most of the predefined servers, the endpoint is filled automatically. Example: s3.akaza.lk:80
- Use SSL - select this option if the server requires SSL usage
- Access Key ID - enter the access key ID as received from your server provider
- Secret Access Key - enter the secret access key as received from your server provider
- Signature version - chose the signature version used by your server
- Region - select the region where your bucket is located
- Bucket - enter the name of the existing bucket or type a new one and press the Create button.
- Folder - In this field you have to select the folder where you want to store the backups. If no folder is selected the backup will be stored in the root of your S3 Compatible account.
Note: If you configured a new S3 Compatible location or you edit an existing one, you should use the Test button to see if the S3 Compatible settings are correct. If the test was successful, The S3 Compatible connection was tested successfully message will be displayed.