Unlike built-in auto update features, SUMo tells you if updates are available before you need to use your software.
How to backup and restore SUMo using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure SUMo, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up SUMo is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the SUMo plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup SUMo, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: SUMo backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up SUMo. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the SUMo files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install SUMo and the SUMo plugin from here: SUMo backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the SUMo plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- User setting files
- Registry settings