It is a multi-platform home-theater PC (HTPC) application. Kodi is customizable: skins can change its appearance, and plug-ins allow users to access streaming media content via online services such as Amazon Prime Instant Video, Crackle, Pandora Internet Radio, Rhapsody, Spotify, and YouTube.
How to backup and restore Kodi using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Kodi, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Kodi is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Kodi plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Kodi, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Kodi backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Kodi. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Kodi files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Kodi and the Kodi plugin from here: Kodi backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Kodi plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information: