This program turns the traditional file menu into a split-screen file manager. That makes it so much easier to look at multiple folders at once. In addition to that, it's easy to drag files from one folder to another without accidentally making copies or messing things up.
How to backup and restore FreeCommander using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure FreeCommander, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up FreeCommander is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the FreeCommander plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup FreeCommander, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: FreeCommander backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up FreeCommander. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the FreeCommander files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install FreeCommander and the FreeCommander plugin from here: FreeCommander backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the FreeCommander plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information: