Volunteers use their free time to perfect this open-source torrent product that has all the features you need and probably want (sans unnecessary extras), including a media player and ability to search for new torrents across sites. Available in 70 languages, it's got a very µTorrent-esque interface.
How to backup and restore qBittorrent using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure qBittorrent, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up qBittorrent is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the qBittorrent plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup qBittorrent, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: qBittorrent backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up qBittorrent. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the qBittorrent files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install qBittorrent and the qBittorrent plugin from here: qBittorrent backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the qBittorrent plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Appdata user files
- User local files
- Registry settings