On this page:
Which operating systems does Backup4all run on?
Backup4all currently runs on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP3, Server 2016/2012/2008/2003 (32/64-bits).
Does Backup4all run on Linux or Mac?
No, Backup4all is not compatible with Macintosh and Linux systems (you can however try using emulator software for MAC, such as Parallels Desktop for Mac, or Wine for Linux.
How do I install Backup4all?
Installing Backup4all is very easy. Just double-click on the file you downloaded and the installation wizard will start. Make sure that you have enough space on the drive where you install Backup4all and that you have the rights to install it (administrator rights). After that follow the installation wizard steps as it will guide you through the process.
How do I know what version I have installed?
To see what version of Backup4all you are using, open Backup4all, go to File menu and click on the Licensing page. There you'll see the version number displayed (Version 7.x Build xxx).
What are the minimum requirements to install Backup4all?
Backup4all doesn't have any special requirements and it should run ok on any computer with at least of 200MB free space.
How do I uninstall Backup4all?
To un-install Backup4all go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and choose Uninstall a program. From the list of apps installed select Backup4all and press the Uninstall button. You will be guided through the uninstall process by the setup wizard. If you would like to share with us the reason you've chosen to uninstall Backup4all please contact us at: email@example.com.
How do I move Backup4all to a new computer?
To move Backup4all to a new computer, please follow these steps:
- Install on the new computer the trial version without activating it (use the 30 days trial).
- Move all your backups (.bkc files and corresponding zip files) to the new computer if they are located on the old computer's hdd. If you have your backups stored on an external HDD just plug it into the new computer (no need to move them).
- Open the import wizard from File->Open From... and use it to access all your .bkc files from their destinations. This will re-create your backup configurations as they were on the old computer.
- Restore each backup to re-create your files and folders on the new computer.
- Deactivate Backup4all from the old computer and then uninstall it.
- Activate Backup4all on the new computer.
Can I install Backup4all if I'm not connected to Internet?
Yes, you can install Backup4all even if you are not connected to Internet. Please note you'll have to activate it online after purchasing. The activation can be made from the same computer or from another computer which is connected to internet.
Will I lose my backup jobs if I install a new major version of Backup4all?
No, you won't lose your jobs if you install a new major version of Backup4all on the same computer where you have an older version installed.
If it is a minor update for the version you have installed, it will install it over the existing one and the backup configurations and settings will be preserved.
If you are installing a new major version and have an older major version (i.e. installing Backup4all 8 on a computer where Backup4all 7 is installed), it will install new new version separately. The backup jobs will not be imported automatically, but you will be prompted to import them if you want. Once imported in the new version, they'll be removed from the old version..