doPDF installs itself as a virtual PDF printer driver so after a successful installation will appear in your Printers and Faxes list and also in the list of All Programs.
How to backup and restore doPDF using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed doPDF, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up doPDF data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the doPDF plugin will let you back-up the registry entries.
In order to backup doPDF, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: doPDF backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up doPDF. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the doPDF files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install doPDF and the doPDF plugin from here: doPDF backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the doPDF plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- doPDF registry entries - stored in HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Softland\