CuteFTP is used to transfer files between computers and File Transfer Protocol (FTP) servers to publish web pages, download digital images, music, multi-media files and software, and transfer files of any size or type between home and office. It does support multiple protocols as: FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS and SSH.
How to backup and restore CuteFTP using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure CuteFTP, its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up CuteFTP is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the CuteFTP plugin, will allow you to back-up the configuration files and registry entries.
In order to backup CuteFTP, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: CuteFTP backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up CuteFTP. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the CuteFTP files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install CuteFTP and the CuteFTP plugin from here: CuteFTP backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the CuteFTP plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Configurations: %appdata%\GlobalSCAPE\CuteFTP Pro
- HKCU\Software\GlobalSCAPE\CuteFTP 8 Professional
- HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\GlobalSCAPE\CuteFTP 8 Professional
- HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\GlobalSCAPE\CuteFTP 8 Professional