Boxcryptor encrypts your sensitive files and folders in Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and many other cloud storages. It combines the benefits of the most user friendly cloud storage services with the highest security standards worldwide. Encrypt your data right on your device before syncing it to the cloud providers of your choice.
How to backup and restore BoxCryptor using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure BoxCryptor, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up BoxCryptor is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the BoxCryptor plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup BoxCryptor, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: BoxCryptor backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up BoxCryptor. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the BoxCryptor files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install BoxCryptor and the BoxCryptor plugin from here: BoxCryptor backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the BoxCryptor plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Local application files