How to set up a new OneDrive account
- For a personal account, go to https://onedrive.live.com/ and press the “Sign up” button.
For a business account, go to https://login.microsoftonline.com/
Follow the steps to create a new account.
You will receive a confirmation link on the email address you provided. Click that link in order to activate the account.
2. On the first page, enter a name for the backup in the Backup Name field.
3. In the Where do you want to save the backup section, select OneDrive as backup destination.
4. Select the account type you want to use: "Personal" or "Business".
Press Choose account. A new window will appear to log on into your OneDrive account, then you have to allow Backup4all application to view and manage the files on OneDrive. Then press Next.
5. On the What do you want to backup page, add the backup sources. Press Next.
6. On the How do you want to backup page, you can choose the backup type and optionally set the encryption. Press Next.
7. On the What do you want to backup page, you can set the backup job to automatically run on the specified time and days.
8. Press Save and run.
How to restore from OneDrive
Steps to follow:
- If the backup job does not exist in Backup4all, you must open it from File->Open from.
2. Select the OneDrive page. Configure OneDrive account.
3. After the OneDrive account was set, press Show to display the backup jobs in destination. Select the catalog you want to open and press Open. Backup4all will recreate that backup job.
4. If you select to restore from a specific version, press Next to indicate the version or the date you want to restore the files. Press Next
5. Press Finish to start the restore process.