Calibre supports many file formats and reading devices. Most e-book formats can be edited, for example, by changing the font, font size, margins, and metadata, and by adding an auto-generated table of contents. Conversion and editing are easily applied to appropriately licensed digital books, but commercially purchased e-books may need to have digital rights management (DRM) restrictions removed. Calibre allows users to sort and group e-books by metadata fields. Metadata can be pulled from many different sources, e.g., ISBNdb.com, online booksellers.
How to backup and restore Calibre using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Calibre, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Calibre is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Calibre plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Calibre, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Calibre backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Calibre. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Calibre files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Calibre and the Calibre plugin from here: Calibre backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Calibre plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Calibre ebook
- Calibre cache
- Calibre Library
- Calibre user folder