uTorrent is a popular BitTorrent client. The program was designed to use minimal computer resources while offering functionality comparable to larger BitTorrent clients.
The program has received consistently good reviews for its feature set, performance, stability, and support for older hardware and versions of Windows. A report showed that µTorrent is the second most popular BitTorrent client.
How to backup and restore uTorrent using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure uTorrent, its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up uTorrent is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the uTorrent plugin, will allow you to back-up the configuration files and registry entries.
In order to backup uTorrent, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: uTorrent backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up uTorrent. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the uTorrent files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install uTorrent and the uTorrent plugin from here: uTorrent backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the uTorrent plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Configurations: %appdata%\utorrent
The above uTorrent data can be manually included in a backup, but we recommend to use the backup plugin to avoid any mistakes. If you want to backup other multimedia applications, visit the Network and Internet section.