Opera is recognized as one of the most full-featured Internet power tool on the market. It includes tabbed browsing, pop-up blocking, integrated searches and advanced functions like Opera's groundbreaking e-mail program, RSS Newsfeeds and IRC chat. Users can add extensions and widgets to personalize the browser and improve its usefulness.
The features offered by Opera are various as functionality, security, usability, customization, searching, saving, taking shortcuts and accessing Web content.
How to backup and restore Opera using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Opera, its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up Opera is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Opera plugin, will allow you to back-up the application settings, widgets and mail files.
In order to backup Opera, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Opera backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Opera. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Opera files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Opera and the Opera plugin from here: Opera backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Opera plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Settings: %appdata%\Opera
- Mail: %localappdata%\Opera\Opera\mail
The above Opera data can be manually included in a backup, but we recommend to use the backup plugin to avoid any mistakes. If you want to backup other multimedia applications, visit the Network and Internet section.