ESET NOD32 Antivirus is sold in two editions, Home Edition and Business Edition. The Business Edition packages add ESET Remote Administrator allowing for server deployment and management, mirroring of threat signature database updates and the ability to install on Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
ESET NOD 32 application is developed and published by ESET. It is effective, proactive, easy to use and can be configured to suit any needs. The Smart Scanner allows searching for even encrypted connection packages for any unwanted malware.
The email scanner searches your email client regardless of the product (Outlook Express, Thunderbird etc).
The application has active shields protecting it and immunizing it from any threats trying to degrade the level of protection. It also uses the proactive detection which terminates the connection before even running the suspicious file. The high rate of virus detection and the low rate of false positives makes this application one of the most accurate antivirus solution.
How to backup and restore NOD32 using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure NOD32, its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up NOD32 is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the NOD32 plugin, will allow you to back-up the application logs, quarantine, user files and registry entries.
In order to backup NOD32, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: NOD32 backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up NOD32. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the NOD32 files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install NOD32 and the NOD32 plugin from here: NOD32 backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the NOD32 plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Application data: %allusersprofile%\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus
- Quarantine: %localappdata%\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Quarantine
The above NOD32 data can be manually included in a backup, but we recommend to use the backup plugin to avoid any mistakes. If you want to backup other multimedia applications, visit the Security and Privacy section.
Backup4all 4.x, 5.x