In Backup4all there are two scheduler types: the Windows scheduler and the Standalone scheduler. For this scenario to work, you need to use the Windows scheduler. The Windows username and password are required to configure this scheduler type.
To schedule a backup job, please follow these steps:
- Open Backup4all
- Press the Scheduler (F11) button
- Press Add button to create a new task
- In the Run section, make sure the Backup job is selected and choose a job name from the list (see image bellow).
5. In the Execute section, you can select to execute the backup job using the Main application or the Command line one.
6. In the Scheduler section press the Set password button and type your Windows login password.
7. Press OK
8. In the new open window, select the start time and the execution frequency. (see image bellow)
9. Press OK.
To set the scheduler to run the task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed, follow these steps:
1. Go to Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler
2. In the left pane, click on Task Scheduler Library
3. Double click the scheduled task for your backup job. It looks like b4a_name
4. In the new open window, on General tab, at the bottom, from the Configure for list, select Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 2008, according to your operating system.
5. Go to Settings tab and check the Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed option.
6. Press OK.