You first need to download the Twitter followers, friends, favorites, tweets and direct messages to your computer using Tweetake. After that you need to back up the downloaded files to a safe location using Backup4all.
Tweetake is a web-based application that lets you to download all your Twitter details to your PC. Simply type in your Twitter username and password, select what you want to back up (Followers, Friends, Favorites, Your Tweets, Everything etc.), and click on “Get ‘em!”.
Follow these steps to download the Twitter files:
1. Go to http://tweetake.com/ and log in to your Twitter account
2. Select what you want to download: followers, friends, favorites, tweets, direct messages or everything
3. Press Get 'em!
4. You will be asked to save the file ion your computer.
How to back up your Twitter account with Backup4all
You need to create a new backup job in Backup4all and put the downloaded files into the backup sources list of this backup job.
Steps to follow:
- Open Backup4all and select File->New Backup (Ctrl+N).
- On the first page enter a name for the backup in the Name field.
- Select a destination for the backup. Click Next.
- Press Add folder and select the new folder where you put the Twitter downloaded files.
- Click Save, then Save and run.
Backup4all 4.x or later.
Windows XP or later.