Firefox is a web browser running on various operating systems including Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, and many other platforms.
Firefox include many useful features as: tabbed browsing, spell checking, incremental find, live bookmarking, a download manager, private browsing, location-aware browsing (also known as "geolocation") based exclusively on a Google service and an integrated search system that uses Google by default in most localizations. You can add extensions to Firefox, created by third-party developers, of which there is a wide selection, a feature that has also attracted many of Firefox's users.
How to backup and restore Firefox using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Firefox, its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up Firefox is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Firefox plugin, will allow you to back-up the application profiles.
In order to backup Firefox, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Firefox backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Firefox. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Firefox files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Firefox and the Firefox plugin from here: Firefox backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Firefox plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Profiles: %APPDATA%\mozilla\firefox
The above Firefox data can be manually included in a backup, but we recommend to use the backup plugin to avoid any mistakes. If you want to backup other multimedia applications, visit the Network and Internet section.