About AVG antivirus
AVG features the common functions available in modern anti-virus and Internet security programs, including periodic scans, scans of sent and received emails (including adding footers to the emails indicating this), the ability to repair infected files and a quarantine area: virus vault/chest in which infected files are held.
How to backup and restore AVG antivirus using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure AVG antivirus, its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up AVG antivirus is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the AVG antivirus plugin, will allow you to back-up the application user files, settings and registry entries.
In order to backup AVG antivirus, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: AVG antivirus backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up AVG antivirus. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the AVG antivirus files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install AVG antivirus and the AVG antivirus plugin from here: AVG antivirus backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the AVG antivirus plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Data: C:\ProgramData\AVG10
- User Data: %appdata%\AVG10
The above AVG antivirus data can be manually included in a backup, but we recommend to use the backup plugin to avoid any mistakes. If you want to backup other multimedia applications, visit the Security & Privacy section.
AVG antivirus 10.x
Backup4all 4.x, 5.x