About Avast antivirus
Avast! is based on a central scanning engine and incorporates anti-spyware technology as well as anti-rootkit and self-protection capabilities.
Some of its features are: resident protection comprising individual modules or "shields", each of which can be individually configured or disabled (file system shield, mail shield, web shield, p2p shield, IM shield, script shield, network shield, behavior shield), anti-spyware capabilities, anti-rootkit capabilities, self-protection, automatic incremental updates, audible alarms, boot-time scan, virus chest, safezone, webrep browser plugin and Avast! antivirus monitor.
How to backup and restore Avast antivirus using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Avast antivirus, its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up Avast antivirus is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Avast antivirus plugin, will allow you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Avast antivirus, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Avast antivirus backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Avast antivirus. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Avast antivirus files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Avast antivirus and the Avast antivirus plugin from here: Avast antivirus backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Avast antivirus plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Data: %alluserprofile%\Avast Software\Avast
- HKCU\Software\AVAST Software
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\AVAST Software
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\ALWIL Software
The above Avast antivirus data can be manually included in a backup, but we recommend to use the backup plugin to avoid any mistakes. If you want to backup other multimedia applications, visit the Security and Privacy section.
Avast antivirus 6.x